Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23, 2010


Today was a really slow day. You spent most of the day sleeping. They are talking about taking the breathing tube out tomorrow if you are not having any more fevers. Your nurse today was Beau. He is one of my favorites. The second day you were here, he was watching you while your nurse for the day went to lunch. I was so grateful to all the people here for what they were doing for you, and I told him that I had no idea how to pay them back. He told me, "All you have to do is send us a picture of when you get home and she is playing around." That touched me so much because it really showed me how much everyone here cares, and how much they were going to do try and save you life, even if the odds were not in our favor. That day things didn't look to good for you, they told us that you had a 10-15% chance to live, and it impressed me that even with those kind of odds they still were trying their hardest to make sure that they did all they could to save you. I hope you realize that there are people like this in the world. That people can and do have good sides to them, that make them want to help in extrodinary ways, without personal gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment