Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 30, 2010




You are doing so well! You are pretty scared of all the nurses and doctors. Anybody that walks into the room you keep a close eye on them. When you are sick of everybody you will take the blanket, and with shaky hands you pull it over your head. It is the cutest, saddest thing I have ever seen. It is cute, because it means that you are still the same in your head. Your sickness can destroy anything that your brain controls. So we are so happy to see that you are still the same. But it is also pretty sad because it is hard to see you be scared of everybody, and not understand what is going on. Another thing that you have to have is your Froggy in one arm, and your bear in the other. You have enough of your tubes disconnected that I was able to hold you in my lap today. Despite being so sick you are still the same stubborn little girl. It has always amazed me that you always seem to know just what you want. You never hesitate in expressing what you want, but it is that kind of attitude that has gotten you through this whole thing.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I am sooooo happy you finally got to hold her! I can understand why she would be so afraid of everyone that walks in that door I dont blame her at all. Jess what do they say about doing the skin grafts? Is that coming up soon? Im so excited for all of her latest improvements she is amazing and so are you! We love you guys go GEN GEN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are a few weeks away from skin grafts. They have debrided her legs twice now, and they said they might have to do it three more times, before they put a wound vac on, and then it is like a week or so after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried when I saw you finally got to hold her. Hooray! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete