Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 13, 2010

Well tomorrow we are supposed to be transfered to the next level of care. This is the final stretch, and I am more than ready to pack up and head home. The doctors are going to look at your skin grafts tomorrow and see how they are healing, and if your body is accepting them. I am praying with all my heart that everything will go well, because I am just so ready to go home. As I was sitting up in your room today, I was thinking about how I wanted everything to go perfectly tomorrow, and the thought that came to me was, it was going to be ok. Even if your skin grafts fail, and your kidney's don't return to full function, and you have to be on blood pressure medicine for the rest of your life. It was going to be ok, because we are together. Even if it is at a hospital, and far away from everyone we love, it is ok, because we have eachother. They have church in the hospital, and it was the first time we got to take you to church in the last couple of months. The opening hymn was "Nearer My God to Thee". I couldn't make it through the song with out crying, because I am so grateful for this experience to realize how much you mean to me, and how much closer it has brought all of us a little closer to God. When my Grandpa died, they sang that song at his funeral, and it is common to sing that song at funerals. So when I heard it, it also made me so grateful that God spared your life. I love you, and I am so happy that we have eachother.

4 comments:

  1. I was just reading your brave little girl's journey and I was wondering how she got the meningitis and how did you find out she got it? I am so happy that everything is going good and I'm praying that it continues so that you guys can go home for good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, it is so good to hear everyhting is going ok! We miss you guys and are praying for your family! You have such a strong testimony of this gospel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong little girl. She has no spleen, so her body can't fight major infections like bacterial meningitis. They think she got the kind that there are vaccinations for, and she was vaccinated, but without a spleen it is more difficult to build up the antibodies that make vaccinations effective. SO PLEASE VACCINATE YOUR KIDS! most kids never live through this. they gave her a 10 percent chance to live before they knew she had no spleen. And I don't know if you have read the beginning of the blog, but she just had a mild fever, and went down for a nap, then we happened to check on her before we went to bed that night, and she was purple and blue, and really lethargic. it was just a matter of a couple of hours, she went from almost no symptoms to basically dying. Cherish every moment you have because as much as we want to protect our little ones from everything, we simply can't. All we can do is live life without regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the baird family no better testimony for faith than this miracle of life! After reading this I sure do hug my kids a little tighter and just enjoy them more. I try not to take for granted the joy they bring!

    ReplyDelete