Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14, 2010

We have finally moved to the next level of care, and I have a lot of mixed feelings. I got so comfortable being in the PICU, that it just feels like that is where we should be. Change is hard. It just is. There is no way around that. But we can't grow if we don't change. The great news is that your skin grafts are looking great! That is something to be really grateful for. I find myself getting so caught up in the small things, like you not tolerating eating today, and I really forget the big picture. I remember that day they told us you were probably not going to make it. There was so much chaos, and it is still such a blur to me, but at the same time there was so much clarity. I knew in a second what was important. It is funny but I found that literally nothing was important but us, and the memories, pictures and videos that we had together. Clothes, bills, work, cars, house, eating, nothing really was important. Try to remember that in times that you get so caught up in the small things, that if you are creating good memories, and surrounded by the ones you love, nothing else matters.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post, I have went through and read your blogs from the beginning. I often find my self worrying so much about Bills and everything else that I forget to really enjoy the day with my kids, I will forever be grateful to you for your strength to write everyday for your beautiful baby...

    ReplyDelete