Sunday, June 20, 2010

June 20, 2010

Wow it is incredible how far you have come. You are still keeping down all your food, and you are acting like my little Nessa again. You do not want to go to sleep, and you keep playing with the nurse. You had a wonderful day. Today is Father's Day, and I think it is funny that we have been here through a Mother's Day and a Father's Day. It just reminds me how lucky we are that we have you so that we can be a mom and dad on these days, and everyday. We stopped by the PICU today to say good bye to some of our favorite people, namely Andrea, or as you call her "Annie". Every one had to take two looks at you because they didn't recognize you, because you looked so good. Tomorrow they are going to take you into surgery again to get the staples removed out of your legs. They put staple in to keep the skin grafts in place. I love you so much, and I am so happy you are back to yourself, and with us again. I cannot imagine life without you in it. You enrich our lives so much, and I am a better person because of you.

4 comments:

  1. Wow is right! She looks amazing! I'm so happy for you guys. Even though I know your brave journey isn't over yet, it's so good to see so much progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's time to come home and we are all here to welcome you back home. what a wonderful blessing it has been to have so many people caring about you, praying for you, and being genuinely happy for your progress. we will always remember this experience and think life is good.

    love nanna and poppa

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks amazing! Way to go, Nessa! I can't believe how far you have come.
    -Jami (one of the PICU nurses)

    ReplyDelete
  4. genesis - when i saw this picture of you with that smile on your face, i knew you were back with us. this is the face and the smile i remember so much and love so well. we all love you and are excited to see you again. welcome home sweet princess!

    ReplyDelete