Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010




They had a dog named Bauer come and visit you yesterday. There are people that bring their dogs to help the kids to feel better. Bauer was so sweet and you loved seeing him. We also got to go outside again today! It is so nice to get outside and go to the garden. The doctors came by and said that they are going to do your skin grafts on Wednesday or Friday this week. Since you got so sick, your body stopped blood flow to your legs. So some of your skin died. We already cut that out, and now they are going to take skin from somewhere else and put it over the spots that died. I am so excited to get you back home and playing, and running around again. They are saying after we do the skin grafts it will be another 2-3 more weeks then we can go home.

4 comments:

  1. Jessica I'm so happy to hear that she is recovering and that she will be home soon! With your positive outlook and everyones prayers she will get through this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me. I found you through Ann Steadman. But I've been following Nessa's story since day one and I cry with every post I read. I am so amazed by her and by you. She is in my prayers and it has been amazing to watch her improve every day. Thank you for posting so regularly. You are inspiring people you don't even know and helping us to never take our own kids for granted.

    ReplyDelete